- O’Connor, K.; Fry, Derek. “The Solvent-less Hydrogenation of Unsaturated Esters using 0.5%Pd/Al(O)OH as a Catalyst,” The Chemical Educator., 2013, in press. Click for PDF
- O’Connor, K.; “An Undergraduate Organic Chemistry Laboratory Experiment: The Use of Thin Layer Chromatography to Monitor the Hydrogenation of Unsaturated Esters,” The Chemical Educator., 2013, in preparation.
- Bardi, M.; Koone, T.; Mewaldt, S.; O’Connor, K. “Behavioral and physiological correlates of stress related to examination performance in college chemistry students,” Stress., 2011, 14, 557-566.Click for PDF-1 Click for PDF-2
- O’Connor, K.; Zuspan, K.; Berry, L. “An Undergraduate Organic Chemistry Laboratory: The Facile Hydrogenation of Methyl trans-Cinnamate,” J. Chem. Educ., 2011, 88, 325–327. Click for PDF
- Shiow-Jyi Wey; O'Connor, K. J.; Burrows, C.J. "Preparation of Primary Vicinal Diamines from Amino Acid Esters and Crystal Structure of a Chiral Nickel Salen Complex," Tetrahedron Lett. 1993, 34, 1905-1908.
- O'Connor, K. J.; Shiow-Jyi Wey; Burrows, C.J. "Alkene Aziridination and Epoxidation Catalyzed by Chiral Metal Salen Complexes," Tetrahedron Lett. 1992, 33, 1001-1004.
- O'Connor, K. J.; Burrows, C. J. "Catalysis of Aryl Halogen Exchange by Nickel(II) Complexes using NaOCl," J. Org. Chem. 1991, 56, 1344-1346.
- Yoon, H.; Wagler, T. R.; O'Connor, K. J.; Burrows, C. J. "High Turnover Rates in pH-Dependent Alkene Epoxidation Using NaOCl and Square Planar Nickel(II) Catalysts," J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1990, 112, 4568-4570.
- Boeckman, R. K.; O'Connor, K. J. "Studies on the Stability and Reactivity of Substituted Vinyl Titanium Triisopropoxides," Tetrahedron Lett. 1989, 30, 3271-3274. Click for PDF
- O'Connor, K. J., ACS Mid Atlantic Regional Meeting, "Use of critical thinking skills in an undergraduate organic chemistry: the catalytic hydrogenation of trans methyl cinnamate," ACS, University of Maryland.
- O'Connor, K. J., American Chemical Society, "Setting the stage for the development of critical thinking skill and green chemistry metrics in catalytic hydrogenation in the organic lab," Philadelphia.
- O'Connor, K. J., Biennial Conference on Chemical Education, "Optimizing the use of personal responses to increase academic performance," Biennial Conference on Chemical Education, The Pennsylvania University.
- O'Connor, K. J., Binenial Conference of Chemical Education, "Green laboratory for undergraduate organic lab," Binenial Conference of Chemical Education, Pennsylvania State University.
- O'Connor, K. J., How to engage your students using clickers, "Kanawha Valley ACS local section meeting," WV State College University, Institute, WV.
- O'Connor, K. J., Kanawha Valley ACS local section meeting, "A green laboratory experiment for the undergraduate lab organic lab: the solventless hydrogenation of unsaturated esters," Kanawha Valley ACS local section meeting, WV Tech.
- O'Connor, K. J., Marshall University seminar, "Confessions of a Clicker Addict," Marshall University, Marshall University. (May 2, 2012).
- O'Connor, K. J.; Burrows, C. J. "NiII Macrocyclic Complexes: Versatile Catalysts in Synthetic Organic Chemistry," 200th National Meeting, American Chemical Society, August 30, 1990, Washington, DC.